Saturday, December 7, 2013

Blue Birds Challenge and you....

Hi everyone! If you are just reading Blue Birds Shop Back to Basics for the first time scroll on down and enjoy all the entries through out the past year! I am just thrilled that I am in my own final phase of the Back to Basics and you! Bringing the shop back to basics is one step of calming oneself to not over indulge but to let the baby shine through imagery and everyday wear. The second and probably most internal part was bringing myself into the frame and working on bringing my own daily life back to basics. I started with a journal and note taking to see what I wanted. What I needed. What should change or be improved on.
As many of you know and hopefully the new readers will join in on the power of renewal! After narrowing down my list I saw one basic goal through out the writings. ME. I had lost me. As a mom, a person, a friend, I think it is all too easy to lose the "ME" in "US". I tend to lean towards the giving side and rarely say no. I end up depleted and spent and withdrawn. For a long time I chucked it up to being simply exhausted. Through out this year I have noticed that I am remembering more and more about my youth and what joys brought smiles to my face.

I want that back with a passion. Do you? Do you need the good old days of Bruce Springsteen? How about the fist pumping sound of John Mellencamp? I know I sure do and did almost 12 months ago. I started with an end game what will I do or achieve if I accomplish this. Kinda like an 8th grade math equation. Eliminate the obstacle and gain the end reward of you.

I decided that I wanted to run in a marathon again. My end game will just be the beginning to better health and better state of mind. Here is a link for the 5K that I am entered into for next July! It is back in my home town of the Twin Cities!!!! Whoop Whoop! Want to join Blue Birds? Leave a comment and we can start chatting! http://thecolorrun.com/twin-cities/2014-07-13/

How did I pick a marathon for goodness sakes! I ran and did a lot of charity work in my youth and throughout high school. At age 42 is this a reality? Well, my dad picked up cycling at the age of 70 so I would have to say yes. By cleaning up how I eat and what I put into my body I began the crazy journey. I rarely eat junk food and now when I do I get sick. I have kept up with my walking and hiking through out the years and recently was able to bring back the swimming I longed for and missed so much. You see for a large part of my past I wasn't able to swim with out a backlash of events so I stopped. to be able to swim freely again this year has been accelerating! This month of December the 12th month of my renewal I am cutting out the medications my doctors have loved for me to be on and started my 72 hours of detox today. Why now? It is the day after my dads body was found. A day that back in 2010 started my knitting journey. through knitting I healed from his passing. Along with the comfort and strength of our Lords word and undying love I began to heal. I can not even type or say the amount of emotion that struck me. My dad was not a simple man by any means and he taught me many things. He was more than a dad. He was my best friend as an adult. I grew to admire him more than anything. It is fitting to finish this year the day after by starting my detox and in just a couple of days my strength training will begin.

You don't need a lot of things for strength straining. tight on cash? Use you tube to put together a routine and stick with it. Here is a link to the warm up I use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzY4CEnJeGQ If you do not have a computer, check out your local library. They have lots of videos for checking out and generally you can renew your check outs. Join a chat group or start a face book workout group to keep you motivated! OR join Blue Birds Color Run support group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1385620188353570/

                               Can not wait to hear from all of you and hear your stories!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment