Thursday, July 10, 2014

Suffering from Jealousy?


James 3:16
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition,
there you will find disorder and evil
of every kind.

Fourth of July has come and gone. I took some much needed time off to go up North and recoup and find peace in my heart. When I started knitting it was for me. A way to heal from my Fathers passing.
I had no idea that it would blossom into a small indie shop.
Along with having a shop and trying to sell comes many issues I have learned a great deal about.
Being creative.
Being bold.
Being strong.
I could be none of those things without God in my life. With the positives there are also negatives that I am learning to control.
How to manage time.
How to say no.
How to deal with jealousy.
Jealousy has crept into my heart recently. I struggle with seeing others succeed so easily. I struggle with my ambition to succeed with my earthly nature of seeing others do.
Has this caused you grief? How have you dealt with your own jealousy? I am learning that within me are the answers. Answers from our Lord and Savior. Our God. 
When I turned my hobby into a small shop I had one goal. Make enough to keep knitting and donate my talents to NICU centers. To give more than to receive. Over the past few months I have become blinded to that goal. What have I begun to do to heal? Simply, going facedown with our Lord in prayer. Reaching out to fellow Christ centered woman. The big one, walking away from certain groups that have fueled my neglect. I have also set a routine into motion that I want to share with you.

1. Find time each day no matter where I am to pray. If I feel the itch of evil, stop and pray.

2. End each day in thankful prayer. God wants to hear more than "I need" He wants to hear our true hearts. Our pain, and our false intentions. Taking time to give thanks reminds us of the good. Reminds us he is in control. Even if it is just for that cup of coffee.

3. Stay connected. This is a biggie! I have recently joined a few blogs that bring me inspiration instead of guilt over what I am lacking. Being connected to other woman of faith is HUGE! Here I am listing the blogs of fellow creative souls that I am following and finding strength from. These woman are ones to admire. Do they fall? Oh yes. We all do. But its what they do when they fall that I find so inspiring.




Meet Rebecca of Better Life Bags! Her idea blossomed into a full on company. Giving back. Reaching out. Community. Those are things that inspire her. To read about her story click on the link below.









Meet Lisa of Lisa Leonard Designs! Her story will bring you to your knees. The strength and courage she has is pure gold.
Her shop of hand made jewelry is filled with faith filled pieces. Read about her story by clicking on the link below.





Meet Natalie of NS Pottery! She is a pure delight
her energy and love for others knows no bounds.
She is authentic and real as they come.
Click her link below to know more about her!

No comments:

Post a Comment