Monday, July 14, 2014

Unplugged Warrior

8am, coffee perking filling the house with an aroma like no other. In hand my iPhone. Scrolling through email, texts, voicemail, and yes checking ALL the social media apps I am trying desperately to manage. Between wanting to make my indie shop a success and keeping myself organized there has been little time for anything else. From the time I wake up to the time I crash (usually 2am) I am on a constant go. Then lets squeeze in the chores: dishes, laundry, vacuum, bathroom scrub down. I also have five children. Doctors appointments and personal errands. If this doesn't spell disaster I don't know what else it could be.
 I have been feeling well, swamped in the head. I saw an email (which this one is good!) It is from the WellStudio Blog www.thewellstudio.com
This blog has become one of two that has become my go to for spiritual check ups. They have a series up right now on becoming disconnected. Turning things off and getting recharged in the you. Now, how did they know I needed this?
This past weekend I decided to give it a go! Yep, this plugged in gal is going old school on the weekends.
The images on the left are my go to girls. Joyce is my "adopted mom in Christ" then theres me! Next up is Whitney a talented singer, who knows how to lift your heart with her energy, and last is K. why K? I do not know how to spell her name and K fits her:) She is a quiet soft spoken gal with a mighty heart. This is my community group. My spiritual check in group. My lets sound out in  ROAR and SPEAK OUT in Gods love for us group. Bottom line they give me STRENGTH! I do not think they know the importance of them. I can listen to Whitney and her Husband James sing and pray to the congregation and tear up ALL THE TIME! She has a light in her I want to see more of. Joyce, well Joyce knows our personal journey and that is what it is personal. I love you! K, oh K. to see you stand up against the wrongs is a pure joy to me, Thank you! Do you have a group within reach? A place to center? Now that you met my strength group, lets dig right into the new section Unplugged Warrior!



Friday night post, Have  great weekend and see you Monday! I could and still can't believe how much I accomplished by having my phone turned upside down and left in another room. I was able to finish one of my trash decorating pieces. An antique hutch that I stripped and refinished. As I was working I was singing. I was praying and thanking God for giving me my talents and surrounding me with people that lift me up. When my head is swimming in swamp land I forget how much I need to be thankful for.

On display are the rocks from Lake Erie. The spot I was standing on when I spread his ashes. At this point I am seriously feeling withdrawal!
The metal toy is also a Thorp family heirloom. Not sure where it originated in New York but reminds me of his home.

Next up a project that I have been waiting to do for some time. Those vintage crates will soon become end tables! My confession. By this time of Saturday late afternoon I cheated. I checked in with instagram. I know I know. But to me Instagram is apart of my joy and I learned that I can go without face-book, email, texts, but instagram, no way! Instagram has been a careful thought out decision. I have suffering from the face-book negative affect on my heart. It has also become a source of dislike to me since my vision seems to be up for comparison. But the girls on INSTA are my cyber family. I follow those creative artistic souls that are in a season of joy. A group in which I love to pray for and cheer on!

By the end of this weekend I have been able to pray more. Listen more to Him. Hear the Holy Spirit. What a difference from being in the swamp. My goals for next weekend?

1. I downloaded the detox screensaver from www.thewellstudio.com printed off the copies on card stock and have them posted on the fridge and bathroom mirror. In doing these simple things I will have a positive visual to help me during my cravings!
                                 
2. Put into place time for spiritual growth and connection.

 
3. Make a list before next weekend of the currant top 10 people I want to stay connected with over the weekend. This list will change as it needs to be. But I have learned for those on my prayer list, cyber family prayers, and those I am creatively working with will be checked in on periodically.


Indoor herb garden. Working with my hands and watching this grow
brings me joy. Taking time to just be is my focus a 
Unplugged WARRIOR

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment