Monday, January 27, 2014

Review written by: Rachel Downey Photography

I had the extreme pleasure of being one of the first photographers to experiment with one of Blue Birds Shop's exciting new products, the Yo Yo Headband! After using these headbands for a single session I have nothing but praise for these beautiful creations.

Being a photographer I'm always looking for the best props for my clients. Working with newborns is a very delicate process and the props I look for have to be soft, comfortable and easy to adjust and manuever, especially with my tiny, slumbering clients. Most headbands I've used in the past are supposed to be a one size fits all but many of them are either too small and don't stretch properly to fit or are way to big and don't adjust down to the size that I need them to be. The backs are generally made from elastic bands that aren't always covered in fabric and are therefore visually unappealing to photograph from the back and the elastic bands are very uncomfortable and sometimes leave marks on their heads.



These new Yo Yo Headbands, however are unlike anything I've ever used and I doubt I will be using anything else ever again. The headband is made from Cashmere Merino wool blend so it's incredibly soft and the yo yo flower is made from quilters quality fabric. They are very soft and comfortable and though they look small, they have incredible stretch to them. They are not tight on the babies head and after a 4 hour session left NO mark anywhere on her pretty little head. I did not have to fight to make it fit and the back panel is NOT an elastic band and therefore so much easier and smoother to use and to put on. The back panel pattern {stitch design} is a smooth transition worked within the headband so it looks the same from front to back. I had no issues putting them on and taking them off without disturbing my client. I have no doubt that these headbands would fit any size newborn. These headbands would be lovely photographed from any angle and any direction because they are beautiful all the way around. The yo yo flowers are beautifully made and the band and flower compliment each other perfectly and are stunning on.






I'm absolutely in love with these new Yo Yo Headbands and I can't imagine using anything else on my newborn clients. Check them out, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. In fact you might just get addicted too!
Rachel Downey Photography
Rachel Downey Photography Website
Blue Birds Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment